On the occasion of the forthcoming
Crans Montana Forum on Africa & South-South Cooperation, to
take place in Dakhla (Morocco) from March
14 to 17, 2019, a special Programme will be dedicated to Renewable Energies in Africa. This
Session will focus on the Energy
Revolution and its Development Opportunities for the African Continent.
Among the topics to be addressed
- How to manage Africa's great potential for new and renewable energies in a sustainable way.
- Promoting solar, wind and hydroelectric energies.
- Regional integration, a priority : developing integrated regional industrial centers, establishing a competitive regional market and developing major cross-border infrastructure projects.
- The Energy revolution requires new financing models : the role of public-private partnerships, Green finance and impact imperative.
- Which Energy efficiency
action plans to be implemented, especially in transport, industry and
- The need to address sustainable development and energy issues in trade
and maritime transport