On the occasion of the forthcoming
Crans Montana Forum on Africa & South-South Cooperation, to
take place in Dakhla (Morocco) from March
14 to 17, 2019, a special Programme will be dedicated to sustainable Agriculture. This Session
will notably focus on the Agro-industry
which is at the heart of a fair & sustainable Growth.
Among the topics to be addressed :
- By 2050, food demand in Africa is expected to more than double and the World will have to feed 9 billion people.
- While Africa alone could feed the Planet, Food security for all remains the priority.
- Strengthening the education for Children and Women to promote access to new technologies, agro-entrepreneurship and agribusiness.
- The Development of public-private partnerships enabling African farmers to access new markets : from small farms to the agri-food industry, financial mechanisms and innovative tools.
- Fighting the impact of climate change on agricultural yields : the Africa of tomorrow does not have to pay the debt of yesterday's industrialized Countries.