On the occasion of the 30th Annual Session of the Crans Montana Forum held in Geneva (Switzerland) from June 26 to 29,
2019, the Club of Ports special
Programme gathered specialized Ministers, Directors of Ports, Shippers'
Councils, Maritime Authorities, International and Regional Organizations coming
from the whole World to address major challenges of the global Maritime
This Session was notably devoted to the prospects opened by the
Silk Road with a focus on the opportunities offered by the two
new Chinese hubs based in Italy : Trieste et Genoa.
the topics on the agenda :
- Trieste and Genoa are the new European maritime terminals of the Silk Road
- Turkish, Danish and Hungarian stakeholders are already active
- Major interest for African Maritime activity : the huge development of hinterland connections from Trieste and Genoa towards the whole Europe
- New opportunities and challenges raised by Chinese investments in the Balkans’ transport infrastructures
- The importance of transshipment to China and the East