In the framework of the Crans Montana Forum to be held in Geneva (Switzerland) from November 16 to 19, 2022, a Special programme will be devoted to Energy security and Energy transition, war in Europe will accelerate the Energy transition after backing it up.
Among the topics addressed :
- An emergency: maintaining a sustainable Energy security
- The war in Europe leads governments, particularly in Europe, to turn urgently to coal and liquefied natural gas, both CO2 emitters
- Geostrategic reconfiguration of Energy supply
- The obvious need of Energy sovereignty - a long-term strategy - nevertheless leads to an accelerated deployment of Renewable and local Energy
- The crisis can therefore be a boon for the climate